As a member of the Virginia Stage Associates,
you become an important part of an organization dedicated to
supporting live, professional theater in Hampton Roads.
Volunteers are a vital part of the Virginia Stage Company, southeastern Virginia's only professional theatre. The Virginia Stage Associates provide volunteer support to VSC in many ways. There are creative outlets for everyone who enjoys live theatre.
- Be the first to hear information describing VSC
activities including background information about
upcoming plays and events.
- Make new friends who enjoy the theatre as much
as you do.
- Learn from the actors, scenic artists, directors,
designers and all the other artisits who bring live
professional theatre to us.
- Volunteer acknowledgment on VSC website and
- Receive a 10% discount off single ticket purchase
or a free ticket after ushering five shows.
- Receive a 10% discount on VSC merchandise.
- Tax deductions for meal contributions.
2013/2014 VSA Board Officers
Carol Aitken - President
Janet Kane – Vice President
Lars Stampe – Treasurer
Marie Strang - Secretary
TBA – Membership Chairman
ANNUAL DUES: Dues cover the fiscal year July 1-June 30.
Regular Membership: $30.00 Family (2+): $40.00
Student: $15.00 Senior (60+) or Military: $25.00
Group (15+): $50.00
50% Discount if joining after January 1st
WHAT PART WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY
- Meet and greet professional actors and directors.
- Provide southern hospitality by contributing to
matinee meals for cast and crew as well as dine
with the stars
- Assist patrons with seating.
- Usher five shows and receive a free ticket to the
show of your choice.
- Assist with a variety of projects designed to raise
funds for VSC
- Raise public awareness of VSC through arts shows
and other events.
- Attend membership parties.
- Provide leadership by serving as a committee
or VSA board office to help plan our future.
- Speak up for the arts by writing to state
legislatures and local arts commissions.
Click here to see our latest edition of The Curtain Rises, October 2013 edition
Interested in ushering? You can also contact Ryan Ward, House Manager at (757) 627-6988 ext. 336 or by email at